Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Real Living Space

So a few weeks ago, this exciting thing happened! The Real Living Space that me and other six designers styled/ designed for Trion Towers was finally out to the public! It was fun because aside from the fact that I was able to work with these other great designers (which I'm very very honored to part of, *thank you*), the event lasted for a couple of days more with seminars, talks, and DIY's for home-design enthusiasts :) And doing the assignments felt like we were in some sort of reality "design challenge" show, topping it off with interviews, event toasting, and so much more.

What is the Real Living Space? You can read about the details here. Meanwhile, I'm going to share a little bit about the room I styled as you scroll down this post :)
 
The Assigment: 
Each designers were given a client profile and room to design/ style and since this is just a mock up of a current model unit of Trion Towers, we were not allowed to drill nor paint anything on the walls.

I was assigned to style a bedroom for this client:
Married couple, 30 to 35
Working, upwardly mobile, has a combined monthly income of P120,000 to P250,000
They describe their style as "casual, but modern"
Laidback, they prefer to stay home in the evenings to cook, read, and watch TV They go out to eat or on out-of-town trips on weekends


BEFORE
Earthy and neutral.

AFTER
Since my pseudo client describes their style as "casual yet modern", I spruced it up a bit by placing modern and classic furniture, and played with prints. I also imagined the couple to be in their early years of marriage and the fact that they love going out-of-trips together - I made it more romantic by hanging book pages as a chandelier, added greens/flowers, placed a trunk to hide their trinkets from travels, and just played around with textures. I have to say, this can also be my own bedroom. Comfy, casual, and classy :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...