Friday, January 13, 2012

Update: My Bedroom

so it's the New Year! and I changed my bedroom theme to a more contemporary + eclectic mood - from its usual shabby chic theme. my inspiration this time is - Twiggy and the British flag (as seen from my previous post :) since i promised to at least finish my room after graduation (as a gift to myself) and i'm now 95% satisfied :)
 just added a bit of furniture like this shelf, since my books/magazine are starting to pile up like crazy! and also moved this really lovely chair (i got from my aunt & had reupholstered), since i haven't given it any good justice beside my bed :)
some furniture details: (1) coffee table (2) office side desk (3) rocking stool
less pinwheels this time :) lucky to have scored these metal frames and rustic metal C (for my first name) at some local store.

along with these other things that are DIY - potential. (1) for a lamp (2) wooden horse - as a bookend or lamp base if my mood strucks (3) cardboard book/storage
 the finished lamps :)

new furniture: storage for my printer and office stuff :)
left: i edited my dividers and customized a cork board and magnetic chalk board.
new furniture: bench with canvass cushion and baskets. i really want to print a British flag on this canvass, but im still figuring out ways how to :) also, the fillings on this cushion are actually the bean balls i recycled from our exhibit - recycle much, and sorry for the crappy styling (ie. bench cushion, messy table, etc) in this photo :)

and oh, my room will be one of the bedrooms featured in Real Living's March 2012 issue :) #excited! i wasn't really renovating my room for show, it started as a stress-buster from too much plates and sleepless nights, so i'm really glad that people come up to me and ask if they could feature mine in publication *beams* thank you! :)

with the creative team of Real Living Magazine :)

have a Blessed week everyone :)

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that's at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.
    TUFA CARVED

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...