Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Some things we don't expect, but actually happen :)

My siblings always ask me: how come your room always get featured in local magazines? and how come somebody would actually appreciate it considering its not that interior-looking polished. Lol. Moral support much? They say my room looks like a nursery, more so, its so clutter-y - considering minimalist has always been the trend here in the Philippines.

Cosmopolitan Magazine: Nov 2011.




To be honest, i also asked the same thing! :) So i thought maybe I'm just blessed/lucky to have the right audience in my facebook - cos it was there where i have been posting these random craziness Ive been doing in my room - out of abnormal stress - as i've always believed i have a guardian angel or some sorts who was there for a lookout :) and sure, most people will find my room with too much clutter - but that's how i like my space to be :) being surrounded with all the things that inspire me - even if their very purpose in life is 'just' to occupy space in my table - well at least, they make me happy, right? :)

So going back, yes i was really psyched to have been featured and be in two pages of Real Living March 2012 ish :) like, really? Who wouldn't! When the writers contacted me beg. of this year, i couldn't afford to be choosy! - even if i wanted to (cos i feel like i still need to buy/ change this and that) - but just went out for it! And told them, sure, you can go to my place anytime! haha #excitedmuch.

Real Living  Magazine: March 2012




Contents. RL 2012

And just because, i also bought myself a digital copy from Zinio :)




Sometimes i wished i could've done better like put a shaggy rug there *points at reading area*, changed my airconditioner to something better, bought red flowers instead - like sobrang career na to! cos some rooms/houses that's been featured in the same issue looked absolutely stunning! but yeah, i think i would just laugh at the thought that i made too much effort for presentation - i initially did this to satisfy myself anyways and never thought that i would see it on print someday:) so carry na!

So this is my space at its current finest (when my clothes/shoes are actually in my closet, and my pile of work papers are in place lol :)



(all the furniture here are old that had been repainted, etc... except for the headboard and the bench in front of  my bed)


(DIY lamp)


(the table and dresser that took forever to re-paint :) my theme used to be 'shabby chic' then)



(the dresser that i had since i was nine :)

then my favorite section: where i read books and magazines and gather inspirations :)


 
(i scored this chair from my aunt. saw it on the garage beaten up to pieces - she wanted it back after i reupholstered it tho, lol)




 
(where i work)
 
(DIY silhouettes, just because :)

(DIY cabinet doors turned screen divider)



(i've been collecting wooden carvings and fossilize them to WHITE. 
(next) detail from my divider slash mood board )

and my bath... :)
 
(that boxy cabinet actually hides the heater i had for years)
(and a niche to fill out the gap from the wall :) 

Photos: JUN PINZON, taken during RL feature interview xoxo
posted through blogpress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...