Saturday, September 7, 2013

Before & After: Toribox Taft

When Toribox (one of my first commercial projects) told me that they are planning to expand & relocate their Taft branch restaurant, I was really excited! Since DLSU is my alma mater, I really wanted to do something that current Lasallians would enjoy hanging out - a cozy, quirky, kpop place :) But this time, the owners requested for a "fast-food" type, very simple that students would order, eat, and go. 

BEFORE 
This was the facade when i first visited the place, its good that its plain & white, easier to manage :)
Since we wanted to keep the look "minimal" as much as possible, I decided to play with the textures, and use corrugated aluminum cladding for the walls.
AFTER  
Also added greens in the exterior to lessen the stiffness of the space and allow students to smoke less, since this area/ street is where most students go for their yosi breaks.

BEFORE 
The interior wasn't that bad to begin with, I already love that it has brick walls and as much as I wanted to keep these windows and imagine this place to be cozy,  I have to let them go. Our goal is - fast food.
  
To keep similarity originally found in the San Juan branch, I infused the same chairs and exposed bulbs in the interior with the minimalist industrial look found in the facade. Also added blackboard walls to contrast the all-white interior.

DURING


AFTER  
To keep it young & fresh, I asked a friend of mine to draw doodles on the black walls and mirrors. And since the food posters hasn't come out yet last time I visited, I hanged some pictures first to lessen the bare-ness :)
   
   

 
 

so there. I had fun doing this, and I think doing restaurant interiors is one of my favorite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...