Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Guangzhou Trade Fair & Manila Fame 2011

This weekend by far, has been one of  the busiest week i had this quarter... *sigh* and i'm still on a jet lag. But it has been pretty productive, educational, and fruitful at the same so i'm not complaining (much) lol. and I'll just make this quick post so i could sleep soon :)

Anyway, last week, after attending some meetings with clients and manning our exhibit, i flew to China to attend the Guangzhou, Canton Trade Fair 2011. I've heard a lot about this place since five years ago, but never had the opportunity to visit, so its also my first time in Guangzhou. and man... was my friends NOT kidding when they told me it's HUGE (see photos)
 tired feet. three days of walking inside the complex, and i haven't really finished everything in 3 whole days!
 
I took this photo from one of the three major complex, can you guess how many people are there during the day?
 and how many booths there are per complex?
i'm not sure if millions is an exaggeration, but if you ask me,  i think its close enough!
 i have tons of pictures of products i saw that are sooo drool-worthy... but only picked a few in random to post (i need to catch my zzzz's!)
metallic mosaics *sigh*
 lol. this is so funny :) golden toilets :)
3D wallpapers :) padded with cushion and wrapped in leather fabric.
 
wallpaper tiles and lighting fixtures
too bad though, if you like a particular style or item, you have to order based on their minimum quantity of order. some per container, 10,000pcs, hundreds of sqms, etc. :) but of course, that's what Import and Export is all about! *dreamy eyes* i want to go back to Guangzhou again, i just need to filter my ideas i guess :)

and then after arriving Manila, i went straight to Manila Fame 2011 at SMX (furniture, accessories, expo) like a zombie @.@ since today's also the last day of the fair. As always, Filipino designers never fail to inspire me :) Nobody's allowed to take photos of the products (unless you're buying it) so i'll just leave you with these two good looking mirrors from the fair, which i'm kind of thinking on buying for my project :)

and now... back to the grind! 
*crossing my fingers tight*
goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...