Thursday, September 13, 2012

Photog's Booth turned Industrial

so last weekend my styling team and I designed, styled and fabricated a wedding photographer's booth (Kenneth Uy) for the Themes & Motifs Wedding Expo at SMX.

Our peg was this:
 
We wanted to create a Rugged Pop Art concept, since we're trying to veer away from Shabby Chic (which personally, would be soo much fun and easy to make!) since the photographer we're styling is a guy. The idea was crazy! Pop art printed Louis chair, ombre painted walls, bulb chandelier, and floor-lighted brick wall. BUT we also had to make revisions at the last minute since we're trying to make the cost as LOW as possible, and I started doubting whether the pop-art printed Louis chair would still match the corrugated, metal shell (which would be cheaper than the brick, ombre painted wall) and vintage chests I sourced from a friend.

So with limited time (and energy, I just came back from a long hiatus somewhere :) the output turned out to be...

THIS

which I'm still happy with and thinks the effort paid off :)

 
 and YES.

I'm overly obsessed with exposed bulbs, reclaimed wood, random frames, rustic finishes, letters, and wire meshes! and I would keep using them in my projects til I have exhausted them in any way that I imagined them to be! haha OA.  

anyway, here's like the only photo I had with one of my team member and makeup artist friend Elaine Ching, with wedding photographer Kenneth Uy.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. We are impressed by your clear description of your topic. Thanks for the information. Keep on writing.
    Curtains

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...